Our Privacy Notice below details why we hold and process your data, and how we collect and use it. London Development Events Ltd (LD Events) is the Data Processor.
Our legal basis for collecting & processing your personal data is detailed as follows:
- Consent – In most cases we process your data with your consent. For example this may be through agreeing our terms when your company subscribes to our events, by booking onto an event and entering your details, and/or by asking us to store your data to send information on our products and services.
- Contractual Obligations – Should you book our events or services we shall need to contact you with certain information to fulfil our contract with you.
- Legal Compliance – If we are obliged to by UK law we may need to hold or process your data
- Legitimate Interest - Sometimes we will hold or process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests in a way that is reasonable as part of running our business, and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
When does LD Events collect your Data?
- When you subscribe to our events and book online
- When you subscribe via our online subscription form
- When you attend a similar conference or event and agree to receive details about other conferences
- When you provide your details over the telephone and your organisation wishes to be invited to attend our events
- When you email us and ask to be included in future event invitations
- When you engage with us on Social Media
- When we collect data from publicly-available sources (such as Land Registry) when you have given your consent to share information or where the information is made public as a matter of law.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
What personal data does LD Events hold?
- Your name, the company or organisation you work for, the postal address of that company, your telephone number, email address & job title.
- Details of which events you have previously attended with us
- Electronic information, such a IP address, when you place a booking via our website
How & Why does LD Events use personal data held?
- To enhance the business experience of our clients
- To send details of a conference a person is attending
- To provide details of a future event to previous LD Events clients
- To provide details of a future event that is of legitimate business interest to a subscriber to our mailing list
- To deal with enquiries about our events and services
How do we protect your data?
- All data is kept on password protected servers and devices
- We regularly monitor our security to ensure your data cannot be accessed or stolen
- We never share your contact details with any other organisation
What rights do you have over your data with LD Events?
- You can access the data we hold about you at any time or alter it
- You can withdraw your consent at any time for us to process your data
- You can ask us not to send you any direct marketing
- You can contact us at any time to withdraw consent or view your data via Data@LDEvents.net or in writing via 70 Upper Richmond Road, London, SW15 2RP.
- If we have processed your data on the basis of our legitimate interest then you can ask us to stop at any time. We must then do so unless there is an overriding legal or legitimate reason for us to process your data.
- Should you ask us to make alterations to the data we hold about you, or withdraw your consent, we reserve the right to confirm your identity before doing so, and should a third party attempt to do so on your behalf, we may need to check that they have your consent to do so.
How to stop Direct Marketing from LD Events
- Use the unsubscribe links offered in every email
- Email Info@LDEvents.net at any time and give details of the email address that no longer wishes to receive direct marketing
- Write to us at LD Events, 70 Upper Richmond Road, London, SW15 2RP
- We will process these changes as fast as is reasonably possible so you may continue to receive communications for a short period whilst our systems are fully updated.
More Information & Data Protection Contact
- We hope that the details above have been helped you understand how we process your data and have demonstrated our commitment to protecting your privacy
- Should you have further questions or issues we’re only too happy to help.
Please contact us via email dataprotection@LDEvents.net or write to Data Protection Officer, LD Events, 70 Upper Richmond Road, London, SW15 2RP
London Development Events Ltd – May 2018